Sam Goldwasser

Default tv repair plan

"RB" writes:

Unfortunately, it's not worth doing unless I do it myself. I found a new
replacement set for $188, and I've been told the shops in our area will
charge me at least $100 to fix it . They all want $50 just to tell me how
much it will cost to fix (the $50 becomes part of the repair price if they
get my go ahead to fix it).

Just hate to simply throw the old one away. Thought possibly I could fix it
myself.

Yes, but it's a matter of having to identify the bad part. Could just be
bad solder connections but not something you are likely to be able to do
yourself unless you have had some background in electronics. Read the FAQs.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.