Charles Schuler

Default tv repair plan

"RB" wrote in message
Unfortunately, it's not worth doing unless I do it myself. I found a new
replacement set for $188, and I've been told the shops in our area will
charge me at least $100 to fix it . They all want $50 just to tell me how
much it will cost to fix (the $50 becomes part of the repair price if they
get my go ahead to fix it).

Just hate to simply throw the old one away. Thought possibly I could fix

it
myself.

Throwing stuff away goes against the grain (depending on when you were born,
etc.). You are probably not going to fix this on your own. So sad. Some
Wal-Marts are currently selling an FM radio receiver with headphones for one
dollar! Consumer electronic servicing has officially joined blacksmithing
as a lost art, for the most part. If you want to share your frustration,
think about the folks who learned consumer electronics repair and are still
too young to retire!