David Hearn

Default Is Grundfos ups 15-50 man enough for 15 year old 4 bed detached 8mm Microbore CH system

"Dougie Nisbet" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:57:14 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

[ ... ]

Fasten small plastic bags over the radiator tails and take the radiator
outside. Give it a flush through with a mains hose or pressure

washer.

It's the "taking it outside" bit that I found so difficult when I
followed your advice for my system :-) Not so much a DIY job as a DIY and
have a friend handy with big biceps!

Yep, especially with our 9' double radiator. We actually needed 4 people to
move it, and that was with it drained (though sludgy). Even the smaller
1.2m doubles were quite heavy - I'd hate to have tried moving it with water
in!