LASERandDVDfan

Default Problem with Aiwa CD-Player... lack of "oomph!"?

I have here an Aiwa NSX-V700 CD Player/Stereo - it was bought in 1997 or so.
No
repair has ever been done (just a bit of lens cleaning).

How was the lens cleaning performed?

- Sometimes I can't play CD's. The CD tries to spin but it spins a little
(making "click, click" sound) then stops. Looks like something that does not
have enough "oomph!" to go - sometimes it manages to read the directory.

Common problem with Aiwa three-disc CD players on shelf systems.

Possibilities:

1. Dust accumulation on the objective lens and possibly inside the pickup on
the tangent mirror, diffraction grating, prism, photosensor array, and/or laser
diode array.

2. Severed conductors on transmission ribbbon.

3. Marginal laser optical pickup.

4. Thermal sensitive laser optical pickup. - Reinhart