Peter Ashby

Default Inches or Metric?

In article ,
Martin Angove wrote:

Or you could do as we do and rely on the little "trip computer" which
Renault have so thoughtfully provided, complete with a display which
shows how many miles you have left in the tank. Mind you, when it gets
below about 70 miles it blanks out :-)

My little F reg Vauxhall Nova 1.2 does around 125-130m on 14l of
unleaded (close to £10 worth). I reset the trip meter on filling and
wait until almost empty before refilling (city runs only). I make that
close to 40mpg or 7l / 100km which for around town is pretty good. I'll
know if something is wrong if the number on the trip guage changes
before refill time. Provided I remain much of a creature of habit this
works well.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.