4-LOM

Default Stupid questions about feather edge cladding

I want to put some feather edge cladding on a shed. A mate was going
to do it for me but he's let me down so I'll have to do it myself.
I've checked the FAQs and done lots of Google searches but can't find
the answers to my questions, maybe because they're too obvious.

The boards I've got are about 2.5m long and 6" wide.

How far should they overlap each other?
What sort of nails are best for fixing them? (I've found conflicting
answers to this on the web)
How far in from the edges should the nails go?
Do I need to treat the boards with anything before I put them up or
can I just creosote them after they're fixed in place?

Hope someone can answer this, or point me in the direction of some
website which gives a complete idiot's guide to cladding.