RubyTwoShewz

Default Horizontal sync problem?

LOL, I had it on kind of watching some news in the background, and it
seemed to be doing pretty well, only going crazy every now and then,
then returning to normal in a few seconds. But I immediately turned it
off when I read your message.

Thanks much for your post...I'm going to start calling around today and
try and find someone who is familiar with this brand of television.

Ruby

In article , "Sofie"
wrote:

RubyTwoShewz:
This should NOT be an expensive repair at most shops familiar with the
Magnavox televisions of this and similar models if you STOP using the
television and get it into a service shop right away. If you continue to
nurse this along (there is NO little door with vertical and horizontal hold
controls) eventually there will be more drastic and much more expensive
failures. Right now, as long as the television turns on, the problem may
be limited to a few high esr electrolytics in the PS and maybe some faulty
solder connections......
.... DO NOT wait until it doesn't turn on at all.
At the very least you should TAKE it to a shop for a repair cost estimate so
you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of internet
or telephone wild guesses. As long as the picture has been clear and
bright in the recent past, repairing the television may be a good
decision...... this vintage of Magnavox televisions were quite good and
very reliable.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie