Ricky Eck

Default PSU Fan Direction

This is what I originally meant, however, this discussion has made a major
turn for the worst, so I backed out of it. Everyone has their "Facts" and
"Opinion" that they read on papers and in magazines. However, I use true
actual life facts. Mostly what I can see and touch. I seen where people
built (including myself) their own computer. Well, like you said. The PSU
was perfect for the original config. However, it was just for a CD Rom,
Floppy, HDD, ect. The basic system. Then I added a CD Burner, A DVD Player
(A total of 3 CD Drive Units), then added two more HDDs. Before I knew it,
many of the apps I ran, were no longer running at the same rate (crashing,
dragging, ect.). I was thinking that maybe there were additional programs
running in the back ground. But there wasn't. So I started removing the
power cables from the units installed, and lowe and behold, locks almost
completely ceased. So I thought, what the heck, I upgraded the PSU, and I
connected a higher wattage unit to my main. Connected everything up, and
never had a problem with it.

Hi...

But with all due respect, that is less than half of the
story.

Imagine this if you will. My system is running as your
refer to it 100% fine. (the power supply is more than
adequate)

Then an additional demand is placed on the power supply,
ie Explorer spins up all HDD's, a cd reader, a dvd reader,
a floppy, and perhaps interrogates some USB devices.

The available current is now perhaps woefully inadequate,
voltage drops, and (in your words), is now 0% fine

Most will say that the system is frozen or crashed.

And they will say that the problem is in opening
Explorer

Take care.

Ken