Franc Zabkar

Default PSU Fan Direction

On 16 May 2004 01:47:48 GMT, (LASERandDVDfan)
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I personally have never seen a 56K reach 56K Maybe
someone out there has, but not me.

And you never will, at least in the U.S.A. FCC mandates restrict data
throughput rates on telephone lines to a maximum of 53k, and only if your phone
line is the cleanest that is possible with minimal or absolutely no D/A
conversion in the phone lines. - Reinhart

AFAIK, the FCC mandates restrictions on the maximum signal levels, not
the data rate. It's just that data rates in excess of 53333bps usually
require signal levels greater than those allowed. At least that's the
explanation that is often given at comp.dcom.modems.

- Franc Zabkar