Jerry G.

Default Technics SU-CH900 switching off

Did you check that any speaker wires are not shorted?

It is possible that the main output IC's and their drivers may be going
defective, and or some other support components.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Chris Hughes" wrote in message
I have a Technics SU-CH900 which is an amplifier module from a mini
hi-fi. When I press the power button it frequently comes on then goes
straight back off again. Recently, it blew the T1.6A fuse on the mains
input. When switching the unit on, I've noticed that one of the relays
(possibly RL701) makes a makes a short grating noise as opposed to a
nice sharp 'click'. I have dismantled the relay and found only minimal
carbon which I have cleaned off. I suspect mains smoothing capacitors
(by the noise the relay makes) though my experience with audio
electronics is very minimal.

Does anyone have any pointers. Please let me know if I'm in the wrong
newsgroup!

Many thanks.

--
Chris