LASERandDVDfan

Default PSU Fan Direction

I'm not so sure that communication faster than 53k is impossible to acheive.

I didn't say that it was impossible and it certainly is possible to connect
above 53k, but it's supposedly illegal in the U.S.A. to go above it and
maintain it for prolonged periods due to FCC regulations. Therefore, being
able to see such a connection stateside on a very clean connection is unlikely
not because it's technically unfeasible, but because it's restricted by law in
the United States.

Your story is the first I've heard where the 53k limit was exceeded, albeit by
an insignificant sum.

However, in regards to this regulation, I would think that the FCC has better
things to do with their time than acting like a bunch of @$$es by going after
people who are lucky enough to enjoy a faster than 53k connection on their
telephone modems. - Reinhart