Ricky Eck

Default evaluating washing machine transmission

Not saying this is your problem or anything, but I will tell you something
that happened with my old washer. May agitator stopped working in it. I,
for the life of me could not figure out why. First thing I thought was the
Transmission. I knew it ran and everything, but would not wash the clothes,
and the agitator would not move, other then when the spin cycle was put into
motion. Well, I was considering replacing the transmission, but for some
reason, I decided to take the cap off the agitator, and look down in there.
Sure and behold, there were 2 little fingers that worked on a ratchet
system. They were both worn, and were not working. I talked to a repairman
I knew, and he said it is common that they wear out. So, I spent 4 bucks,
replaced them, and it was all fine and dandy. I am not saying this is your
prob, or that your unit even has them. But just an idea, I would throw out,
and may be useful info for anyone else that has a problem in the future...

Rick

"Raymond Cruz" wrote in message
OK -- you encouraged me to try harder. Now I see that with much, much

more
force than was needed counter clockwise to agitate, the tub spins with
clockwise rotation of the shaft. I guess this means I should go ahead and
reassemble with the new coupler.

RHL

In the counter
clockwise direction there is agitation but in the clockwise direction

the
post locks after about 10 turns. Could this be because the brake is
preventing the tub from spinning

Comes to a stop?...or just gets stiff?...can you turn it any further?