Andrew Gabriel

Default Wiring mains smoke alarms

In article ,
"Colin" writes:

"Pete Cross" 1@2 wrote in message ...
I bought 12v linked detectors and wired them into our house alarm on the
24hr loop.

Interesting idea. I was actually thinking of the actual sensor housing
having a PIR as well as a smoke detector. Also using the same wires.

Generally, PIRs tend to be put in positions where a smoke alarm
doesn't work properly, in corners between ceiling and wall, or
worse, ceiling and two walls.

Wouldn't you want a different siren for smoke? With a burglar alarm you run
into the house and lock the doors... and the other, you run out...

If the alarm has fire detection zones or can program zones for this
purpose, then yes. In my case, the siren for fire is three blasts
and then a silence where the fourth would be, repeated. That's in
addition to the smoke detector's built-in siren.

--
Andrew Gabriel