Angelo

Default JBL PSW-D110 SUBWOOFER PROBLEM AND REPAIR PARTS I HAVE AVAILABLE

I have a slightly used and working Power Module Part Number 60301 /
S53AMI for the JBL PSW-D110 Subwoofer made by JBL in stock for
immediate delivery. I will supply it with a NEW replacement 10uF /100V
non-polarized electrolytic capacitor for location C6 on the amplifier
board also. The originals were 10uf/50v value and usually failed or
exploded and are indicated to require upgrade to a 100V DC value as
per their Service Bulletins.

My PSW-D110 was beyond repair this time and I had previously ordered
the module to make a repair attempt with little success. My amplifier
board was obviously damaged from the previous failures which had
burned some lands on the pc board after the C6 capacitor exploded
among other possible failures I couldn't resolve or find. This was the
second time this subwoofer had failed in 3 years of normal non-abusive
use - it was dead most of the 3 years of ownership! I only found out
about the factory manufacturing defects after ordering parts and
investigating here on the web!

I carefully installed the replacement module from Harmon after making
other repairs and it didn't do the trick although I was able to get
output through the amplifier but with some "popping" noises probably
due to other failing components elsewhere in the amp circuit. I
reinstalled the original Amp module which again behaved in the same
manner - it appears the original module was still working ok. I gave
up on my subwoofer repair immediately and carefully removed the new
Power Amp Module with my vacuum desoldering station and using solder
wick with a minimum of heat on the new module. I believe the new
removed module to be working fine and would like to get $15.00 plus
$3.00 shipping for it along with a New 10uf/100V capacitor I am
including for free. I paid over $36.00 plus shipping for the 60301 /
S53AMI amplifier module alone. I hope this will help out another JBL
victim whose unit is a better prospect for repair than mine was!

On another Customer Service - Quality Assurance note; JBL is very
aware of these defective units! They sold thousands of them! It is my
opinion that
most of them have failed and upon calling them they offered to send me
a newer replacement model (currently the JBL E150P subwoofer) upon
returning proof of purchase of the PSW-D110 along with $208.40 plus
tax like they were doing me a favor!!! What a scam since the E150P
can be shopped below $199.00 plus shipping on NextTag.com among other
places!!!

JBL should replace these for their customers who request relief at no
charge since they knew about the defects! Actually they should have
made an effort to recall them which I believe they never did! They
have caused many dollars in loses as far as wasted time,effort,and
replacement parts cost expenditure to their customers!!! I guess in
the real world they just write us off like sheep!

I have always trusted, recommended, purchased, and installed JBL
Professional Equipment but now have a really bad taste in my mouth
after buying JBL/Harmon Consumer Electronics! Beware and let them know
you aren't happy either!!!