Tony Marsillo

Default Newbie question, 3M LCD projector shows computer screen during

Hi eklf,
Sounds like the LCD projector does not like the highter screen resolution
that is switched to when windows boots up. Try changing your screen
resolution one setting at a time until you find the max. Start with 640 x
480 and go up from there.

Good luck

--
Tony Marsillo
Nutmeg Repair
wrote in message
om...
Newsgroups: rec.video
bootup only!?!?
Hello All,

I am new to this so if my question is really dumb, my apologies!

I just bought a used 3M MP8650 LCD projector. It powers up well, and
projects a blue screen. When connected to my PC ( Dell Dimension
/NVidea card/XP)via VGA cable, the screen remains blank. Changing the
input setting does not change.

Interestingly, when the PC is booting up the projector projects the PC
screen very well (ie..the Windows logo while booting)..however, the
moment the login screen comes on..the orohected image goes back to
blue.

My best suspicions are that either I dont have a driver..or the
projector is incompatible with XP. Could connecting the PC via s-video
cable help (my video card has TV out)?

Has anyone faced a similar problem? Can anyone point me the right
direction?

Thanking you all very much in advanced!

eklf