BigWallop

Default Wiring mains smoke alarms

"Colin" wrote in message
lighting circuit at fuse board, not protected by RCD as you want
lights and alarms to work in event of emergency.

Yes... that reminds me. I was wondering the other day why manufacturers
don't combine burglar alarms with smoke alarms. Certainly would cut down

on
the wiring(?)

Colin

An alarm panel with Personal Attack zone can also be used for smoke
detection devices. The PA zone is a constant circuit, so a smoke detector
with a normally closed switch (there are many on the market) can be placed
on this loop.

There are also alarm panels with a zone or two, which can be programmed as
fire detection circuits, so you're not stuck if you wish to place fire and
intruder all in one panel.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com