Default Wiring mains smoke alarms

These are fairly easy to source and install, I fitted four interlinked
about 3 years ago, I think they were about £20 to £23 each. Use a heat
dectecting one in the kitchen so it;s not affected by smoke and
ordinary smoke dectectors elsewhere.Use three core (red,blue,yellow)
plus earth to interconnect them, red/blue for mains supply and yellow
to interconnect them, dont be tempted to use ordinary twin & earth
using earth to interconnect - not allowed. Pick up mains supply from
lighting circuit at fuse board, not protected by RCD as you want
lights and alarms to work in event of emergency.
Mark Atherton
On 8 Dec 2003 04:04:51 -0800, (David
Robinson) wrote:

Please help me to channel into the walls just once... :-)

I want to install two or three mains smoke alarms, and interlink them
(so when one goes off, they all go off).

What type of smoke alarm is recommended for a hall way near a kitchen,
a den, and an upstairs landing?

As I'll probably put the wiring into the walls before buying the smoke
alarms, what cable should I lay to power and interlink all three
devices?

Cheers,
David.