Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harsh reality in one of USA's poorest towns where people won't vote because they can't afford bus fare

On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 18:36:30 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

There was a world conference on helping the poor and an American attendee said,"Some of our people are so poor, they have to live in their cars." A Third World attendee was shocked and blurted out,"Your poor people own cars?!" O_o

Exactly. We have defined "poor" up so far that "poor people" live here
better than the upper class in lots of countries.
What is the poverty level? $25k? That is 10 to 40 times more than real
"poor" people in the world.
When you throw another $20k - 50k on top of that from the government,
they are not starving.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Welfare.JPG