DS

Default Monitor hardware reset

Response below...

"Ricardo -Gorgrond-" wrote in message
om...
Hi!

I bought a Dell D1025TM monitor in a site like eBay, from Brazil. All
was fine, I was happy, until something weird happened.

While I was playing, the game tried to change the game resolution in
order to work, a very commom thing. But, when the game did it, my
monitor went nuts! Almost all the front buttons dont work, only
showing a small key in the lower left corner of the screen (showing
they are locked), and the unlock option, through the menu, is not
working. This menu is all messed up, showing more than one language,
including japanese, and it´s image is all torn apart. The monitor
configuration also changed, the brightness is really low, and the
monitor assumed a "3D image" look (one of the screen modes the monitor
offers), and it looked so bad I couldnt read a line.

I searched for info in the net, and found out that this monitor is
really sensitive to resolution changes (more people had the same
problem, and even the guy that I bought it from had the same problem a
few months later). Dell was exchanging the defective ones. I tried
that, with no luck.

In order to use it again, I opened it up and changed some of the
configs from inside (like the focus, now I can read stuff), and screen
position. But I can only use one resolution, others (that dont have
saved config) are all messed up.

Well, now that you´re aware of the problem, I will ask the question:

Is there any way to do a hardware reset in a monitor?

Maybe, if I reset the monitor "firmware", the monitor "program", I can
get the controls working again.

Any help?

Thank you in advance,
Ricardo Gorgrond, Brazil.

Hey Ricardo,
funny you should run into this problem. About a month ago I installed the drivers
for a Samsung LCD (secondary monitor) on a dualhead ATI card.. as soon as I
rebooted the computer the Sony (primary screen) literally corrupted itself. It was
a Sony CPD-G100 I think (15" CRT). The green key was on the screen all the time,
and the menu was in a few languages simultaneously.

The solution: find the reset button. Press it quickly once. Wait a minute, then
press and HOLD it for about a minute.. you should notice when it recalls the
factory settings as the key will disappear and the image size will probably reset
to the default for the resolution/refresh. Turn it off, then on again and you
should be up and running. Mine was a genuine Sony, not a Dell, so your milage may
vary, but it probably has the same (or largely similar logic).

Good Luck!
-Dan