Stan

Default Monitor hardware reset

In article ,
(Ricardo -Gorgrond-) wrote:

}Hi!
}
}I bought a Dell D1025TM monitor in a site like eBay, from Brazil. All
}was fine, I was happy, until something weird happened.
}
}While I was playing, the game tried to change the game resolution in
}order to work, a very commom thing. But, when the game did it, my
}monitor went nuts! Almost all the front buttons dont work, only
}showing a small key in the lower left corner of the screen (showing
}they are locked), and the unlock option, through the menu, is not
}working.

What does the RESET button do?
from:
http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/moni...1/controls.htm)

The Reset button resets the adjustments to the factory settings. To reset
the adjustments:

1. Press and quickly release the reset button when the on-screen display
(OSD) displays for any of the control settings (brightness, contrast,
pincushion, horizontal and vertical size/centering, rotation, and color
temperature). This resets the setting currently in use for the current
video mode.
2. Press and quickly release the reset button when the OSD is not
displayed. This recalls all factory settings for the current video mode.
3. Press and hold the reset button for two seconds when no OSD is
displayed to recall all factory settings for all video modes

Stan.