Ken Weitzel

Default Monitor hardware reset

Ricardo -Gorgrond- wrote:

Hi!

I bought a Dell D1025TM monitor in a site like eBay, from Brazil. All
was fine, I was happy, until something weird happened.

While I was playing, the game tried to change the game resolution in
order to work, a very commom thing. But, when the game did it, my
monitor went nuts! Almost all the front buttons dont work, only
showing a small key in the lower left corner of the screen (showing
they are locked), and the unlock option, through the menu, is not
working. This menu is all messed up, showing more than one language,
including japanese, and it´s image is all torn apart. The monitor
configuration also changed, the brightness is really low, and the
monitor assumed a "3D image" look (one of the screen modes the monitor
offers), and it looked so bad I couldnt read a line.

I searched for info in the net, and found out that this monitor is
really sensitive to resolution changes (more people had the same
problem, and even the guy that I bought it from had the same problem a
few months later). Dell was exchanging the defective ones. I tried
that, with no luck.

In order to use it again, I opened it up and changed some of the
configs from inside (like the focus, now I can read stuff), and screen
position. But I can only use one resolution, others (that dont have
saved config) are all messed up.

Well, now that you´re aware of the problem, I will ask the question:

Is there any way to do a hardware reset in a monitor?

Maybe, if I reset the monitor "firmware", the monitor "program", I can
get the controls working again.

Any help?

Thank you in advance,
Ricardo Gorgrond, Brazil.

Hi...

Know nothing about your monitor, but until and unless
someone more knowledgable offers better, wonder if it
might not reset itself if you were to just unplug
and disconnect it and leave it sit for a day or few?

Take care.

Ken