Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Moinihan Bill Moinihan is offline

Default Inexpensive replacement for these garage flourescent lights?

HerHusband wrote:

I had hoped to use LED lights, but LED shop lights cost twice as much and
put out less light (fewer lumens). Since I only use my garage lights
occasionally, the lower power usage wouldn't really make much difference in
the long run. So I stayed with the fluorescent fixtures.

This is my dilemma, exactly.

I love all the ideas, which all end up though, at:
a. Keep the old system (cheapest in the short term)
b. Switch to LEDs (expensive in the short term)

Long term, I don't think anyone argues LEDs aren't better.
I'm in a cash crunch though, with lights going out, one by one.