Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_6_] Meanie[_6_] is offline

Default Inexpensive replacement for these garage flourescent lights?

On 10/29/2016 2:50 PM, Bill Moinihan wrote:
What is an inexpensive replacement for these garage flourescent lights?
https://s13.postimg.org/7jivra81j/garage_lights.jpg

There are four of these sets of lights, each of which holds 4 flourescent
bulbs, which keep flickering, burning out, and making humming sounds.

In a word, they suck.

So, instead of replacing the bulbs for the rest of my life, is there a good
but inexpensive quick and simple replacement strategy?

Are they T12? If so, you can go to T8 by changing the ballast in each,
though you will also need T8 bulbs (smaller dia).

If you want to change the entire fixtures, then I suggest LEDs. Prices
are dropping. A two lamp fixture of an LED will replace the 4 lamp
fluorescent in light output. In addition, the LEDs will just about last
a lifetime.