Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] clive.r.long@gmail.com is offline

Default Problem closing door after replacing upvc door frame rubber gasket

The new gasket seems thicker than the old (this is by about 1mm!).

To address my own question, I have found online gasket with code R6346X where the part that fits in the door channel is 5.6mm (the width of the original - so should be much more secure) and there is what I can only describe as a "double edge" next to the flipper part of the gasket - this was not on the gasket I bought originally. We shall see if it is a better fit.

Clive