Yellow Submarine

Default Picky DVD player

I've got a Samsung DVD-V2000. It's one of those DVD/VCR decks.

I've run into a problem that has me totally stumped. I've got over 150
DVD movies in my collection and they all work perfectly on this
player--except one. This one pauses and skips at random intervals, but
only on that player.

Nothing special about this particular DVD. It's Humphrey Bogart in In a
Lonely Place. I've tried it on two other DVD players and it works fine.
I even made a copy of it using DVDshrink, figuring that would solve
whatever problem there was with that particular DVD and also eliminate
the player as a suspect because I've made lots of DVDs with that burner
and they all worked fine. Well the copy did the exact same thing--but
again it was just on that one player.

I don't get it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
--
YS