Yellow Submarine

Default Picky DVD player

I've got a Samsung DVD-V2000. It's one of those DVD/VCR decks.

I've run into a problem that has me totally stumped. I've got over 150
DVD movies in my collection and they all work perfectly on this
player--except one. This one pauses and skips at random intervals, but
only on that player.

Nothing special about this particular DVD. It's Humphrey Bogart in In a
Lonely Place. I've tried it on two other DVD players and it works fine.
I even made a copy of it using DVDshrink, figuring that would solve
whatever problem there was with that particular DVD and also eliminate
the player as a suspect because I've made lots of DVDs with that burner
and they all worked fine. Well the copy did the exact same thing--but
again it was just on that one player.

I don't get it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
--
YS

LASERandDVDfan

Your problem may be due to a compatibility problem between the title in
question and that particular player.

Sometimes, compatibility problems may be the result of a physical defect of the
disc. The disc may be damaged and your Samsung may have worse defect tracking
capabilities than your other players.

But, it seems more likely that the problem may be due to how the disc was
authored (programmed in regards to what it will do and how it will work with a
DVD player).

If possible, you could try to exchange the disc in question for another of the
same copy. Sometimes, there may be several different authorings for the same
title.

Another suggestion would be to consider getting rid of the Samsung and sticking
with separates from Japanese brands only. - Reinhart

Yellow Submarine

"LASERandDVDfan" wrote in message

Your problem may be due to a compatibility problem between the title
in question and that particular player.

Sometimes, compatibility problems may be the result of a physical
defect of the disc. The disc may be damaged and your Samsung may
have worse defect tracking capabilities than your other players.

But, it seems more likely that the problem may be due to how the disc
was authored (programmed in regards to what it will do and how it
will work with a DVD player).

If possible, you could try to exchange the disc in question for
another of the same copy. Sometimes, there may be several different
authorings for the same title.

Another suggestion would be to consider getting rid of the Samsung
and sticking with separates from Japanese brands only. - Reinhart

Thanks for your advice. I guess it must be something to do with the
authoring on that particular title.

I really like this dual deck for the convenience it offers and it might
be easier to just add an additional $39 player to my system to use with
discs like this one.
--
YS