Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default Help Google search Oscilloscope

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

I thought if I could see all the ignition activity at the same time (or at
least 4 at a time) I could look for anomalies and identify a poorly firing
spark plug or semi-faulty wire.

Ok but it still begs the question, why?

I can't see a set of new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points and condenser
running more than $50 dollars or so. I'd just replace everything and if you
think something is wrong, look elsewhere.

You didn't say where and what condition this car is in, but time and money
spent on a compression test and carb rebuild kit wouldn't be money ill
spent. That and a timing light.

It's a novel idea but the scope isn't going to give you any more ideas than
a good set of ears and eyes will.

-bruce