Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default DIY fun

On 23/10/2016 14:08, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, 23 October 2016 10:39:48 UTC+1, David Lang wrote:
On 23/10/2016 05:22, Simon Mason wrote:
Had lots of little jobs to do this week.

Jobs I had to pay for.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj4KejwXAAESfZF.jpg

New front subframe £2000, full valet and bodywork polish £80, DAB
radio fitting £175.

You spent over £2k on a car that's worth £1500 - if you are lucky?

You are a special kind of stupid.....

My car cost £24000 new, I got it for £13000 and it is worth £5000 today. Binning a car that cost £24000 for the sake of a £2000 part IS really stupid.

Once done it will last me another 10 years easy.

Why did a 9-YO car need a new subframe ?.

Something not quite right there. Maybe on a 15-YO
'modern' car perhaps, but it's not a 1966 austin
1100 is it ?.

Do you drive on salty roads or visit a chemical
factory every day ?. (Cars parked at BPs Barry site
every day used to dissolve after about 5 years, though
the warm, wet, coastal location didn't help).