Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Mason Simon Mason is offline

Default DIY fun

On Sunday, 23 October 2016 23:40:15 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 19:10:50 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 23 October 2016 19:01:24 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

How does it feel to be so disliked Mr Mason?

The people that matter do not dislike me and are happy that I survived jumping off a bridge and getting run over by a truck. Stuff the rest.

You tried to commit suicide?

I had 30 years experience of sailing on ferries including being in force 11 gales and have never had a problem with it. However, in June 2012 I stepped off a Rotterdam €“ Hull ferry and felt as if I was still at sea. I expected it may last a day or two, but after a months it was still there.

I became worried as even walking in a straight line was difficult. I spent hours walking around wondering what was going on. It not only affected my gait, but my brain as well. As I worked as a Laboratory Analyst accuracy was very important to me but I found that even the simplest of tasks was now beyond me.

I then had thoughts about where this would lead as I now knew I had MdDS and there was no cure. I had thoughts of losing my job, home and everything I had worked for for 40 years. Suicidal thoughts began to take over and so on 9 SEP 13, I jumped off a bridge and was run over by a 44T truck.

I woke up in intensive car e and spent 4 months in hospital, followed by 8 months in bed at home, but the suicidal thoughts were still there as my sick pay would run out on 9 SEP 14. In the end, I was able to retire at age 56 and pay off my debts, and the suicidal thoughts gradually went away.

I had no MdDS at all any more and have been on 4 ferry trips since and it has never come back. We have booked a cruise to Russia next year as I am not afraid of it returning agai