Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default DIY fun

On 23/10/2016 15:31, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, 23 October 2016 14:46:07 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 23/10/2016 14:08, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, 23 October 2016 10:39:48 UTC+1, David Lang wrote:
On 23/10/2016 05:22, Simon Mason wrote:
Had lots of little jobs to do this week.

Jobs I had to pay for.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj4KejwXAAESfZF.jpg

New front subframe £2000, full valet and bodywork polish £80,
DAB radio fitting £175.

You spent over £2k on a car that's worth £1500 - if you are
lucky?

You are a special kind of stupid.....

My car cost £24000 new, I got it for £13000 and it is worth £5000
today. Binning a car that cost £24000 for the sake of a £2000
part IS really stupid.

Once done it will last me another 10 years easy.

But they only sell for £2.5k-£3.5k retail.

Yes, but I do not know how they have been treated/driven/serviced so
I am happy to spend money on mine as it has a new clutch/tyres/water
pump/power steering pump/alternator and battery, plus FSH.

I might agree with your sentiment but the cold reality is, if you have a
bump and it's written off, the most you'll get is £2.5k - £3.5k

There comes a time when it's not a good idea to pour money into
something of little value.