Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] news@loampitsfarm.co.uk is offline

Default Dyson DC05 motorhead

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:59:46 +0100, "Brian-Gaff"
wrote:

On the brush issue, what exactly does the pcb do?

I don't know, it seems to have a 1 microFarad capacitor across the
motor terminals , 2 inductances, 2 diodes and various resistors.

I can post a picture but what picture hosting sites are available now?

If an led glows then I'd
have supposed that the fault was an over current safety shut down mode.

Yes but I think the fault is in the supply before it gets to the PCB.

I suspect there is a power supply in the handle near the switch but
the trouble with Dysons is getting them apart without breaking
anything. They are often assembled with plastic clip lugs in blind
holes and if they won't pull apart something else gives or the lug
breaks off.

I'll search the forum Mike suggested.

I've already stripped down to the main motor and no sign of any active
electronics there.

AJH