Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Dyson DC05 motorhead

He was in an interview about a year or so back where he admitted that the
washing machine was a bit too complicated and there were too many bits to
fail if the contra rotating drums got stuck or several other special bits
went south. It was also not very useful as it never fitted in a standard
sized hole in kitchen units.

On the brush issue, what exactly does the pcb do? If an led glows then I'd
have supposed that the fault was an over current safety shut down mode. as a
stuck brush would look like tat and the circuit would disconnect the motor
and light the led. I've seen similar things on other devices like blenders
etc.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 11:50:47 +0100, Scott
wrote:

https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/dc05/dc05-motorhead

(Don't just Google Motorhead or you might get a completely different
answer!) I would give them a ring - nothing to lose. There is a good
Dyson repairer near me and I am sure there must be many more. Maybe
they could cannibalise another machine?

I did go through the fault routine on the Dyson website and having
established it wasn't a stuck brush did ring them as the web page
suggested. The only response I got was Dyson no longer support the
machine though I could be entitled to a discount on a new model.

My father was a fan of Dyson so he bought my mother the vacuum
cleaner, he died over 10 years ago so it is old.

I inherited a Dyson washing machine from him and it was nothing but
trouble, after the second control panel failed I binned it. I swore
not to buy another Dyson product, though I have had some decent
upright vacuum cleaners of theirs as gifts, which have been passed on
to family members.

So rather than waste this one I aim to try and repair the motorhead
function, though it still works as a normal vacuum cleaner.

AJH