Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Dyson DC05 motorhead

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:11:43 +0100, wrote:

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 11:50:47 +0100, Scott
wrote:

https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/dc05/dc05-motorhead

(Don't just Google Motorhead or you might get a completely different
answer!) I would give them a ring - nothing to lose. There is a good
Dyson repairer near me and I am sure there must be many more. Maybe
they could cannibalise another machine?

I did go through the fault routine on the Dyson website and having
established it wasn't a stuck brush did ring them as the web page
suggested. The only response I got was Dyson no longer support the
machine though I could be entitled to a discount on a new model.

My father was a fan of Dyson so he bought my mother the vacuum
cleaner, he died over 10 years ago so it is old.

I inherited a Dyson washing machine from him and it was nothing but
trouble, after the second control panel failed I binned it. I swore
not to buy another Dyson product, though I have had some decent
upright vacuum cleaners of theirs as gifts, which have been passed on
to family members.

So rather than waste this one I aim to try and repair the motorhead
function, though it still works as a normal vacuum cleaner.

I believe the washing machine was discontinued.

I would still check with a local third party Dyson repairer (if you
have one) to see if he/she could point you in the right direction.
They might have a spare lying at the back for all you know.