Posted to uk.d-i-y
Timothy Murphy[_2_] Timothy Murphy[_2_] is offline

Default The bells at York

Brian Gaff wrote:

I'm very surprised the powers that be did not record the last few years of
bell ringing and just install big speakers in the bell tower and flog the
bells off for scrap.

That would be the conservative way of course, the lefties would keep
employing bell ringers but forget to train anyone to follow or invest in
the maintenance of the belfry.

Is there any correlation at all between people who like to hear
bells ringing and their political views?
I would have thought it would appeal more to conservatives,
in both senses of the word.

I have never heard recorded bells that sound anything like real bells.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net