Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default The bells at York

In message , AnthonyL
writes

Well Bill is clearly in support and we've had views from some on why
they hate the bells being rung and I was curious as to what Bill liked
about it. Disappointingly his response in another post is unhelpful
but I guess some folk simply enjoy the English traditions that give
this country its identity which others would see sterilized.

Yes, I am with Bill on this one. The is something so very English about
church bells on a Sunday morning, and no, I don't object to hearing the
ringers practice at other times.

Where I live now (Aberdeenshire) there are three churches in the
village, only one of which sounds bells for service, but that is no more
than a toll. Not ringing in the English sense.
--
Graeme