Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 19:27:45 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 15/10/2016 09:44, alan_m wrote:
On 15/10/2016 01:23, David Paste wrote:
am I barking up the
wrong tree to assume an SSD will improve the snappiness of the user
interface?)

When I replaced a traditional hard disk in my 5 year old laptop with a
SSD I noticed a faster start up but for day to day use no overall
difference in speed.

Hmm! that hasn't been my experience. I've changed several laptops to SSDs
and *everything* is much snappier.

Only with the laptops that dont have enough physical memory.

Bull****. My desktop has 32GB and the SSD still makes an enormous difference.

--
Little Tony was staying with his grandmother for a few days.. He'd been playing outside with the other kids for a while when he came into the house and asked her, "Grandma, what's that called when 2 people sleep in the same room and one is on top of the other?"

She was a little taken, but she decided to just tell him the truth. "It's called sexual intercourse, darling".

Little Tony just said, "Oh, OK," and went back outside to play with the other kids.

A few minutes later he came back in and said angrily, "Grandma, it isn't called sexual intercourse. It's called "Bunk Beds". And Jimmy's mum wants to talk to you."