Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

Faster booting, faster program load and, if memory is short faster
access to swap if that's on the SSD (although if you want to wear out an
SSD, using it for swap is one of the best ways).

Add more RAM FIRST to fix sluggish machines.

Yes, we don't know the OPs hardware spec (not given). With more than a
couple gig, I'd be looking for issues elsewhere. Ever seen X run without
acceleration?

Hard drives are fast enough. SSD was never a prerequisite for Linux.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/49318...w-on-my-laptop

Maybe required for the bloat in Windows 10!

--
Adrian C