soheil soheil is offline
Junior Member

[quote='The Natural Philosopher[_2_];3500576']On 20/01/16 11:11, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 11:07:11 +0000, Stephen wrote:

I am looking for something but do not know what it is called. It is a
clip that you attach to one sheet of metal and then screw into a hole in
that clip, through another sheet of metal, holding the two pieces of
metal together.

Googling has found me some of what I am looking for:

Looking on the internet, Halfords call them u-clips:
http://www.halfords.com/workshop-too...uipment/fuses-

electricals-fixings/halfords-assorted-u-clips-screws

ebay calls them spire clips:
Speed Fasteners U Clips Spire Auto Captive | eBay

Screw-Size-6-8-10-12-14-Nut-Clip-/261983357122

What is the proper or most common name for these, as I am hoping that
knowing that will help me find more sellers, so that I can track down a
good quality item at a good price from somewhere near me or somewhere
with cheap delivery.

I've just ordered some from a random 'bay seller - they use the terms "u-
clip, speed clip, chimney nut, motorcycle fairing clip" in their
description alone.

But not 'spire clip', which is what they are generally called in the
engineering trade

Any of those should find a source - I'll let you know what the quality of
these is like when they get here. 25 x M8 for £9 delivered.

--Dear Friend
Good time
I am ALi from Iran
I have manufacture producing Chimney nut M5 and M6 and washer for Peugeot in Iran (Iran khodro)
We will glad to inform if you need .
wait for your kind reply
regards
Ali