Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

On 15/10/16 08:14, Tim Watts wrote:
On 15/10/16 01:23, David Paste wrote:
For the average user (web, email, music, movies, etc), is there going
to be any difference between these two drives? I googled and saw pages
containing answers, but they all merged into one mass of numbers which
frankly I didn't fully understand.

Simple answers would be most appreciated.

I would not touch Samsung EVO with a bargepole.

There, simple

Why:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8997/s...s-in-the-works

Kingston here. Cheap unit. Just Works.

If it does 5 years its better than any hard drive...

Booting is now down to under ten seconds power-to-login-prompt.

Firefox loads in a second, not ten.

But the graphics aren't any faster.

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)