Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Mason Simon Mason is offline

Default Can't pay - Won't pay

On Thursday, 13 October 2016 07:35:07 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/10/16 07:13, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 07:07:24 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

Ticket machine was unlit and so I didn't see it.

Regardless of the various signs, who expects any railway car-park to be
free these days?

Hessle and Ferriby are nearby and are both free.
See them in court.

Good luck with that!

Can you cite any case law (or appeal cases) where an unlit machine and
signage got the bloke off? If not, best give up now...

Don't give a toss - worst case is £400 costs and £80 fine.
I will take my cheque book and give it to his face in court.
Should be a good day out.