Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Machining a Pulley for a Drill Press

On 2016-10-11, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 15:05:21 -0700, Gunner Asch

wrote:

Powder coat removal?

[ ... ]

Hmm ... reminds me of another chemical -- pyradine (sp?). A
friend (who had no sense of smell -- the stuff stinks) was pouring a
little into a glass ampoule in prepration to seal it and use it as a
small stink bomb (this was in college), and a drip got away from him
in
a windowsill. It was about 10 inches above the surface, and by the
time
my eyes caught up with it, it had stripped back the paint for about
5/16" circle -- pretty much instantaneous. :-)

I don't know what kind of hazards are associated with it, but I
would certainly not use it indoors. :-)

[ ... ]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyridine

Thanks! As nasty as I susp[ected.