Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Nuisance calls near zero

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff formulated on Friday :
Actually you are unique. An examination of my True call logs sees
people just hanging up when asked for their name. Some recordings do
get through, but I understand some new version of true call software
now asks the caller to say their name and press hash, which stops the
caller using a pre recorded message.

I didn't know there were different versions. Our kit asks them their
name and to press hash. Still no nuisance calls - 14 days since the
last one tried to call.

Just got mine installed and working. The final straw was a couple of
'auto' calls very early in the morning. Bit fiddly to set up, and was
rather p***ed off to have to pay BT almost 20 quid a year for caller ID.
Plus the 20 quid a year for the TruCall online facility.

All I now need to find out is if it triggers quickly enough to stop the
phone in the bedroom ringing.

Have you gone and bought the old "obsolete" free standing unit? That has a
web interface that's free for the first year but chargeable thereafter.

I have to say, for the love of God why? The newer BT phones with integrated
Trucall software are vastly better than the old unit.

I've got an old freestanding unit going free for the cost of postage.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls