Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nuisance calls near zero

In article ,
Chris J Dixon wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Just got mine installed and working. The final straw was a couple of
'auto' calls very early in the morning. Bit fiddly to set up, and was
rather p***ed off to have to pay BT almost 20 quid a year for caller ID.

It is free with a 12 month contract (which is itself a worthwhile
saving) :

http://home.bt.com/news/btlife/get-bt-privacy-with-caller-display-free-11363844996657

That was unclear. I do have a 12 month contract with BT - indeed I pay the
line rental one year in advance to get the discount on that. Perhaps I'd
better phone them up.

The qualifying calls (2 per month) can be free (officially
"within your calling plan").

As all my calls are generally made via 18185, I have a reminder
to make a couple of BT weekend calls every 4 weeks, to a local
line I know always has an answerphone.

Chris

--
*If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.