Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Strong unbearable chemical smell in bathroom

On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 9:32:27 AM UTC-4, Stormin' Norman wrote:
On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 04:14:01 +0000, Jymmeh1993
m wrote:

replying to Stormin' Norman, Jymmeh1993 wrote:
We didn't paint anything at all, and the vanity is the original, only replaced
the sink in the vanity but it's separated from the shower/tub and toilet, and
the smell is on that side not the "powder room" side (when the door between
the two sections is shut that is)

OK, the last thing I can think of that would produce a chemical, not
septic smell would be a synthetic toilet seat. Did the new toilet
come with a polymer seat?

....or a padded plastic seat. (Good call, BTW)

Here's s a link to a thread related to padded toilet seat odors.

http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/how-ge...strong-116845/