Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nuisance calls near zero

On 07/10/2016 10:54, Allan wrote:
On 06/10/2016 11:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Since I fitted a set of phones with the TruCall call filter system, the
nuisance calls have almost come to an end. It has logged not a single
call in over 7 days.

I don't really understand why - most of these callers just ring and play
a recording anyway, so the callers would not even be aware their calls
have been blocked. Which rather suggests that something has been done
nationally to put a stop to these callers.

I don't want to tempt fate, bjut it's been quiet with me for the last
couple of weeks (I'm almost missing the sport). I put it down to
anonymous call reject, and being careful about who gets my number(s).

I also put it down to being on some "do-not-call-this-number-he-is-a
wind-up-merchant' list that is placed prominently on the wall of the
Indian boiler-rooms and call-centres (a.k.a. 'Microsoft support').

The number of junk calls logged by my trueCall unit has reduced
dramatically over time. I suspect that these cold callers *do* maintain
- and probably share - list of numbers known to have call blockers, and
therefore not worth calling.
--
Cheers,
Roger