Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.windows7.general
Char Jackson Char Jackson is offline

Default Cable Modem Help

On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 02:28:15 -0400, "Andy" wrote:

Verizon is my area is wireless only now for about 10 years.
sold it's land line business to Fair Point Commutations.
I still use a POTS land line as time warner cable aka spectrum's digital
phone service works 90% of the time the rest is system maintenance with no
warnings.
or just goes down when it feels like it.
I told them when digital phone is 100% reliable like fair point's service is
then we can talk.
twc does not seem to care its losing its subscribers to Verizon big time in
Maine any way

Ironic, given all of the times that you bragged about TWC service in
Maine being the best in the country, rock solid, zero outages, etc.

I am looking at a deal from Verizon wireless for its version of digital
phone for $19.95 a month unlimited use and FREE long distance.
its a phone modem like time warner cables BUT unlike timewarner cables it
has a 5 Day BATTERY BACK UP built in.

You could probably do a whole lot better by picking up a cheap ATA, such
as an Obi-100 or Ooma, then using Google Voice which is free and
includes unlimited free domestic long distance.

--

Char Jackson