Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.windows7.general
Andy[_39_] Andy[_39_] is offline

Default Cable Modem Help

Verizon is my area is wireless only now for about 10 years.
sold it's land line business to Fair Point Commutations.
I still use a POTS land line as time warner cable aka spectrum's digital
phone service works 90% of the time the rest is system maintenance with no
warnings.
or just goes down when it feels like it.
I told them when digital phone is 100% reliable like fair point's service is
then we can talk.
I am looking at a deal from Verizon wireless for its version of digital
phone for $19.95 a month unlimited use and FREE long distance.
its a phone modem like time warner cables BUT unlike timewarner cables it
has a 5 Day BATTERY BACK UP built in.
twc does not seem to care its losing its subscribers to Verizon big time in
Maine any way
the same day. A couple of times
a year, V. sends salesmen to visit, and I try very hard to restrain my
impulse to greet them with howls of derisive laughter, not totally
successfully.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--