Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.windows7.general
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Cable Modem Help

On Wed, 5 Oct 2016 11:34:22 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 10/05/2016 02:55 AM, Andy wrote:
Seeing the problems you have faced i can understand why you get fed up with
the cable company.
Some states have no problems with speeds ect others seem to have no end to
them.

In my neck of the woods Verizon can't find their keisters with two
hands, a map, radar etc., whereas Optimum is right on the ball. We
soldiered on with V. for a long time despite hours spent in call
forwarding purgatory that never resolved anything, billing snafus,
clueless office droids, and an apparent total lack of communication
between their residental and commercial operations. The only reason
that I did that was because I really wanted to keep the copper POTS for
use during blackouts. I finally decided that I didn't trust an
operation that clueless to know how to run a legacy central office
battery system, so that the whole thing was sort of moot.

In 5 years with Optimum I've had exactly one trouble. Within half an
hour, they had somebody on my premises who actually knew what he was
doing, with an apprentice in tow learning the ropes. Fifteen minutes
later they had it patched (reprovisioned somehow so that I had 25/5 Mbps
again) and the trouble outside was fixed the same day. A couple of
times a year, V. sends salesmen to visit, and I try very hard to
restrain my impulse to greet them with howls of derisive laughter, not
totally successfully.

About like the Direct TV droids who accost me in stores. I tell them,
loudly, that their service sucks so bad that even as bad as AT&T has
been, it's worlds better than DTV. ...and I get Netflix now.