Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.windows7.general
Robert Baer[_3_] Robert Baer[_3_] is offline

Default Cable Modem Help

Andy wrote:
Why would you want to pay spectrum up wards of $ 10.00 a month to rent a
cable modem from them?
In less then a years rental time and cost you could by a good modem and or
modem wireless router combination for the same or less money.
I have stopped paying them a model rental fee the day it came out.
I my self use a Motorola cable modem and love it and spectrum fully supports
it .
Because it is one of the models on its approved modems list so they cant
refuse to support it

YESMotorola makes almost all of the modems sold to Comcast (and
prolly Spectrum as well).
Model brand names vary,but they is the same beast, so if what you buy
on the net is the same exact brand and model that they use,then they
HAVE TO have it on their approved list; they cannot dis their own stuff.
$100 for your own modem and no $10/mo gives a 10 month ROI; no brainer.