Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Think twice before you buy Duracell batteries

On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 17:17:57 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
(...)

Look what I found on my battery "shelf":
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/Kirkland-AAA-leak.jpg
They were unopened until today, when I ripped open the left side to
pull out a few batteries.

They're marked with a 7 shelf life. I'm only 2.7 years over the 2014
expiration date, but have no idea when I bought them. I guess it's
"use them or lose them" because I stupidly used up newer battery
packages before diving into the older batteries buried in the back of
the battery "shelf".

Grumble, and $15 gone. Oddly, most of the batteries I pulled out and
cleaned seem to work. I'll run a capacity test on a leaky battery
later. No, I'm not going to put an expired and leaking battery in my
toys.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558